A blog about spending wisely in your twenties, with advice on everything from cooking to saving money on gas; how to teach yourself to save money instead of spending it, traveling without breaking the bank, and much more.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Louis CK on Being Broke



Not everyone has been quite this broke (I have!), but everyone hits their own personal low when it comes money. Only in the past six months or so have I managed to lift myself out of the bottomless pit of being so broke they charged me for being broke. I opened a money market account with a high interest rate in February, and get this - they really do give you money for having money. I've deposited $150 since I opened the account and they've given me $.29. Granted, a quarter and a few pennies isn't much. But all I had to do to get it was save a some money. My regular savings account is lucky to earn one red cent in interest in a month!

Maybe one day I'll earn enough interest to even out those overdraft fees I paid when I was younger.

No comments: